Intersys is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Lead for a long-term contract. This role will be in the Analytics and Business Insight department of 130+ team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone, and then to make data-driven strategic decisions. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with business leaders to get beyond the initial “ask” to understand the underlying business needs, critical path, and timeline surrounding key goals
- Lead efforts in providing business performance visibility on scalable business intelligence and reporting platforms to drive business results
- Work aggressively toward developing optimal business intelligence strategies to satisfying short and longer-term priorities with solutions ranging from traditional to more modern, interactive reporting tools
- Leverage an analytic mindset to develop visualization of key trends and insights for decision-making
- Work with a robust data warehouse and reporting tools to deliver high-impact production reports used by executives across the organization
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 10+ years of experience using Teradata, Oracle, and advanced SQL in a large-scale data warehouse environment.
- 8+ years of automating and managing reports, dashboards, self-serve tools, etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently and seeks out opportunities to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have hands-on experience coding and designing new reports, maintaining and enhancing existing reports, and designing dashboards on scalable intelligence platforms
- Must have experience working directly with senior business leaders to understand objectives and articulating the impact of business intelligence solutions
- Must have the ability to manage concurrent projects at different stages of completion
- Must be able to understand and explain complicated subject matter to others across the business that are less connected to the situation and/or are less technically-oriented
- Must be able to aggressively lead projects in a cross-functional team environment to deliver and achieve results
- Must be comfortable dealing with changing priorities and timelines
- Experience with statistical/analytical tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R or similar)
- Experience with agile visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, JMP, Domo or similar)
- Knowledge of the brokerage business or financial services