Intersys is seeking a Data Analyst who will be responsible for gathering business and developing technical requirements, analysis, process optimization, design and database development. The Data Analyst is expected to deliver ETL and data integration solutions that support a wide variety of clients, industries and business initiatives.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the development of new data warehouses, reporting, and automation
- Supporting, troubleshooting, implementing and maintaining information systems to meet the company’s data, reporting and business intelligence needs.
- 3+ years of experience gathering requirements, creating technical requirements and technical analysis
- 1+ years of experience extracting and transforming data within Business Intelligence environment.
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including SQL Agent jobs, and ETL packages using SSIS
- 1+ years of SQL development experience with proven experience performing ETL processes
- Technical knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Proficient in writing SQL queries, procedures, and triggers. Good knowledge and experience of working with SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle SQL Developer.
- Proficient with reporting packages (Business Objects etc)
- Experience with Business Intelligence such as experience with Tableau and Power BI, creating dynamic visualizations and dashboards
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Report writing
- Proficient in SQL programming, including stored procedures, user-defined functions, and common table expressions are required.
- A good understanding of the concepts and best practices of data warehouse ETL design
- Experience working in an environment with Agile development
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- BS in Computer Science, Information Management or similar is preferred.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Information Management or similar is highly preferred.
Who we are:
Intersys is a leading Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Application Development professional services organization focused on providing solutions with real business value. We provide a customer-focused approach to building authentic partnerships with our clients with objective counsel from concept to deployment for a consistent voice through the dynamic IT environment.
What we look for:
Intersys is focused on finding and cultivating talent across the IT space. We have over 140 developers, project managers, business analysts, and data management professionals, most extensive experience in their respective fields. In new hires, we look for authenticity; be proud of who you are and what you bring to the table, as well as those candidates who consistently deliver the highest quality product and have a deep desire to improve not just themselves, but the organization as a whole.
Job ID 4015