As a Database Operations Engineer, you will augment the Data Architecture team, working on various projects internally alongside local and distrusted Data team members. The Data team manages overall company flow of information and storage of crucial proprietary data. This position is responsible for maintaining the operational parameters of distributed database structures and ensuring a high degree of performance and stability of databases for cloud-based security products.
- Monitor and administrate current database storage levels for optimum operational capacity.
- Collaborate with Database, Software, and Cloud Engineers to ensure consistent application structure.
- Monitor and maintain cloud distributed database in AWS/Postgres.
- Ensure stability of database stress points – high load queries, hardware load, etc.
- Analyze allocated resources to determine areas of improvement and potential data bottlenecks.
- Develop and monitor operational metrics to assess database trends over times (i.e. load per application, capacity, performance, overall health monitoring, etc).
- Prepare documentation regarding database operations, usage and optimization.
- 4+ years’ experience with SQL/SQL Server at an enterprise, multi-server application level.
- Background in Database or Windows Administration.
- Hands on experience with both on-prem and AWS distributed database systems.
- Experience with configuration management, preferably Puppet and Packer.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile software development life-cycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives
- Production experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, preferably with Terraform
- Be a proactive, team player
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cybersecurity experience is a huge plus!
Job ID: 4161