Intersys is seeking a DataStage Developer that would be responsible for developing DataStage solutions using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with the client’s software development project methodology. Development activities will include configuration updates to existing software and/or developing new programs to address a particular business need. This includes a feasibility review of the development effort for new requirements, identification of risks, creation of project documentation and time estimation of development effort.
- The DataStage Developer will obtain a thorough understanding of the infrastructure and configuration of existing ETL environments.
- The Cognos Developer/Modeler is responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with the client’s software development project methodology and the creation of BI solutions with the use of the Cognos suite of tools.
- The Cognos Developer/Modeler will translate user requirements into technical specifications, design and develop framework manager models, design and develop reports, dashboard and cubes, create and maintain technical application documentation.
- Development activities will include configuration updates to existing software and/or developing new programs/models to address a particular business need.
- The Cognos Developer/Modeler will obtain a thorough understanding of the infrastructure and configuration of the existing clients Cognos environments
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with complex ETL delivery initiatives for data warehouses and related applications using industry standard toolsets
- Strong development experience with IBM DataStage in large, global companies- Good knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with Autosys or Job Scheduling technologies
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Facts and Dimensions and implementation of the same.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux scripting and Oracle tools (SQL*Loader, etc.)
- Ability to work in a high paced, multiple vendor global environments-Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements
- Preferred experience with Agile, Scrum, iterative, or waterfall development and project methodologies
- Preferred experience and familiarity with IT best practices (e.g., CMMI, ISO9000, ITIL, COBIT) and their implications relative to repeatable software development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
- Experience with Teradata platform