Intersys is looking for a Lead Teradata Developer to join our team and work at a Client Site in Pleasanton, CA within an Enterprise Business Intelligence organization with exposure to Teradata and Cloudera Big Data.
- Partner with team members to evaluate current and desired state data warehousing capabilities.
- Refine business requirements and translate into technical solutions for data systems including data warehouses, cubes, marts, lakes, integrations, BI tools or other components.
- Responsible for the full life cycle of back-end design and development of data warehouse solutions. Design, code and construct data models, ETL processes, cubes, lakes, and marts.
- Work on complex problems and provide technical leadership for data warehousing strategies and roadmaps.
- Provide functional and technical subject matter expertise in various data management, warehousing, business intelligence and Big Data solutions.
- Assist in the development of project estimates, plans and timetables.
- Act in a lead capacity for other Teradata & Big Data developers, and provide technical expertise and guidance to less senior team members.
- Expert database developer with 8+ years of experience in enterprise class database management systems including Teradata.
- Demonstrated an understanding of data warehouse design patterns and trends such as dimensional modeling, data vault, logical data warehouse and modern data warehouse.
- Demonstrated an understanding of design best practices and operational requirements of data warehouse solutions such as sizing, scaling, fault tolerance, performance tuning, security etc.
- Demonstrated success mentoring team members.
- Experience with data security and data quality frameworks, processes and tools.
- 3+ years of experience with analytics tools and languages such as OBIE, Qlik, Crystal Reports, Tableau.
- Desire and commitment to continuous learning in data management, architecture, Big Data, analytics, business intelligence and Cloud.
- Strong communications skills suitable for business communications by phone, email, and in-person.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical team lead capacity.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR Big Data distributions.
- Experience with master data management practices such as data governance.
- Experience with R and Python.
- 3+ years of cloud-based solutions design and development for data and analytic workloads such as warehouses/lakes, real-time streaming, advanced analytics utilizing cloud platforms, i.e. HDInsight, AWS Redshift, Cloudera on Azure, etc.
Who we are:
Intersys is a leading Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Application Development professional services organization focused on providing solutions with real business value. We provide a customer-focused approach to building authentic partnerships with our clients with objective counsel from concept to deployment for a consistent voice through the dynamic IT environment.
What we look for:
Intersys is focused on finding and cultivating talent across the IT space. We have over 140 developers, project managers, business analysts, and data management professionals, most extensive experience in their respective fields. In new hires, we look for authenticity; be proud of who you are and what you bring to the table, as well as those candidates who consistently deliver the highest quality product and have a deep desire to improve not just themselves, but the organization as a whole.
Job ID 3777