As a Senior Software Engineer, your purpose and goal will be to augment a new team (8 engineers, a Product Owner, and a Development Manager), creating a new cloud-based enterprise marketing platform with state of the art technologies. You will build data pipelines and perform platform development in support of our email marketing automation solution. Your contributions will empower marketers to create more personalized, and contextually relevant email campaigns.
- You will participate in the development of our next generation programmatic email platform
- Establish data pipelines so that the source data can be obtained from AWS and written to SQL Server
- Leverage data feeds and APIs to pull in required data to be included in marketing campaigns
- There will be a an on-call component (once every 6-7 weeks or so) but the rotation will be very spread out
- You will design and implement high-performance data models in SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Following Agile practices, you develop quality scalable, tested, and reliable data services using industry best practices
- 3+ years of production development with Java or Scala
- 2+ years developing and deploying cloud-based or cloud native applications to AWS
- Extensive experience with microservices/REST API
- Experience with all aspects of data systems (both NoSQL and RDBMS) including database design and modeling, ETL processing, aggregation strategy, performance optimization, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field and 3+ years of professional experience or Master’s degree in above mentioned fields and 2+ years of professional work experience.
- Willing and show an ability to learn quickly (this truly is a must-have – someone who is both senior and still wants to learn and adapt)
- Experience developing applications on NoSQL / streaming platforms (Hadoop, Kafka, K-Streams, Spark).
- Familiarity with Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity
- Experience with UI development is a plus
Job ID: 4162